Monday, August 10, 2009

School.... ready or not here we come!!!!





Brooklynn's birthday is September 12. The cut off for Kindergarten entrance is August 31. So the child misses it by less than 2 weeks. I have stressed and pondered on sending her this year to school for about a year. My poor friends and family have had to listen to me stress and ponder this decision for the past year!! I have come up with both the pros and cons, made list and have even lost some sleep about it!!! I guess I feel as a mom, I am the voice for my children and I want to make the best decision possible for my kids! Anyway, we finally decided to let her take the kindergarten test and let the teachers decide if she was ready.

She passed!!!

So this year not only do I have a 1st grader, but a kindergartner too!!! Brynn was VERY excited for her sister! They both are looking forward to sitting together on the bus, and playing together on the playground. I have great comfort that they will be together. Their classrooms are even across the hall from each other!!!

They met their teachers last week. Brynn has Mrs. Webster and Brooklynn has Mrs. Dosil. Both are WONDERFUL teachers!! Very loving and kind. I know my kids will be in terrific hands! My girls are both Greenfield Gators!!!!! Tomorrow is the first day of school! We are all excited!! I will post pictures of their smiling faces as they get on the school bus with backpacks on, lunch box in hand and most importantly, together!!!

No comments: